We are excited to welcome Dr. Bob Evans and Dr. Andrew Coates as our keynote speakers for this event.
- Dr. Bob Evans, PhD is a professor at the UBC Centre for Health Services and Policy Research and has extensive experience researching, teaching, writing and speaking about health care financing.
- Dr. Andrew Coates, MD is a practicing internist and activist. He serves on the board of Physicians for a National Health Program (USA) and teaches at Albany Medical College (NY).
The unique format of our conference allows us to draw on the expertise of numerous public health professionals in the Vancouver area to respond to our keynote speakers and facilitate focused breakout sessions.Panel Respondents:
- Iglika Ivanova, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Robert Woollard, Dept. of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, UBC
- Marcy Cohen, Hospital Employees Union
- Malcolm Steinberg, Faculty of Health Sciences, UBC and British Columbia Centre for Disease Control
What should the role of government be in promoting equitable health care financing and delivery?
- Andrew Coates, Physicians for a National Health Program
- John Calvert, Faculty of Health Science, SFU
- Karen Palmer, Faculty of Health Sciences, SFU
- Ted Bruce, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Brian O’Connor, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Dan Bilsker, Centre for Applied Research in Mental Health and Addictions at SFU
- Colleen Fuller, Consultant
- Madeline Boscoe, Reach Community Health Centre
- Lezlie Wagman, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Craig Janes, Faculty of Health Sciences, SFU
- Jerry Spiegel, School of Population and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, UBC