Affirming Equity: Strengthening Health Care Finance and Delivery8:30 – 9:15 Registration & Sign In
9:15 – 9:30 Opening Remarks 9:30-10:15 Keynote: Robert Evans, PhD
10:15 – 10:45 Response Panel: Iglika Ivanova & Malcolm Steinberg
10:45 – 11:00 Question & Answer Period
11:00 – 11:15 Coffee Break
11:15 – 12:15 Break Out Sessions*
12:15 – 1:30 Lunch**
1:30 – 2:15 Keynote: Andrew Coates, MD
2:15 – 2:45 Response Panel: Marcy Cohen & Robert Woollard
2:45 – 3:00 Question & Answer Period
3:00 – 3:15 Coffee Break
3:15 – 4:15 Break Out Sessions*
4:15 – 4:45 Closing Comments 5:00pm Optional Social***
*Breakout Sessions : all will be offered in both the morning and afternoon
- What should the role of government be in promoting equitable health care financing and delivery? Facilitated by: John Calvert, Andrew Coates & Karen Palmer
- What should the role of health authorities be in promoting equitable health care financing and delivery? Facilitated by Ted Bruce & Brian O’Connor
- How can gender equity be promoted in health care financing and delivery? Facilitated by: Dan Bilsker & Colleen Fuller
- How can community care be equitably financed and delivered? Facilitated by: Madeline Boscoe & Lezlie Wagman
- What should Canada’s role be in promoting global equity in health care financing and delivery? Facilitated by: Craig Janes & Jerry Spiegel
More details can be found on the Speakers page.
**Lunch: Participants may either purchase their lunch from one of the many nearby restaurants and cafes, or bring their own lunch and eat in our conference space. For some close options, please click here.
**Optional Social: Participants are invited to join us for appetizers, drinks or dinner and continue the conversations from the conference.