This conference will bring together students, researchers, health professionals, and health care providers in a conversation about strengthening the equitable financing and delivery of public health care. This conference is a unique opportunity to meet with a diverse group of individuals to promote equity in public health care financing and delivery.
- Dr. Bob Evans, PhD, UBC Centre for Health Services and Policy Research
- Dr. Andrew Coates, MD, Physicians for a National Health Program (USA); and Albany Medical College, NY
Expert-led breakout sessions:
- What should the role of government be in promoting equitable health care financing and delivery?
- What should the role of health authorities be in promoting equitable delivery of health care?
- How should gender equity be promoted in health care financing and delivery?
- How should community care be equitably financed and delivered?
- What should Canada’s role be in promoting global equity in health care financing and delivery?
We would also like to thank our generous sponsors outside the university community:
- Canadian Doctors for Medicare
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research
- Undergraduate Medical Society at the University of British Columbia
- Hospital Employees’ Union
Please join us on March 12! We look forward to seeing you there.