The Faculty of Health Sciences at Simon Fraser University is pleased to announce its inaugural student-led conference!
Affirming Equity: Strengthening Public Health Care Financing and DeliveryMarch 12, 2011 SFU Harbour Centre – 515 West Hastings St.
This conference will bring together students, researchers, health professionals, and health care providers in a conversation about strengthening the equitable financing and delivery of public health care. This conference is a unique opportunity to meet with a diverse group of individuals to promote equity in public health care financing and delivery.
- Dr. Bob Evans, PhD, UBC Centre for Health Services and Policy Research
- Dr. Andrew Coates, MD, Physicians for a National Health Program (USA); and Albany Medical College, NY
Expert-led breakout sessions:
- What should the role of government be in promoting equitable health care financing and delivery?
- What should the role of health authorities be in promoting equitable delivery of health care?
- How should gender equity be promoted in health care financing and delivery?
- How should community care be equitably financed and delivered?
- What should Canada’s role be in promoting global equity in health care financing and delivery?
Please pencil March 12, 2011 in your calendar!