We are looking for your feedback! Please take the time to let us know how we did in the planning and delivery of ‘Affirming Equity: Strengthening Health Care Financing and Delivery’. The information you provide will be used in planning future events.
If you attended the conference, please take the time to complete this survey at your convenience.
Photos from the conference last weekend are now available in the Media section of the website. All pictures are courtesy of Carolina Kwok.
Audio recordings from both keynote sessions are now available on the website, along with the presentation slides.
Additionally, Randall White published this piece, Tim Hortons emergency care and the nursing home connection, in the Vancouver Observer, and noted Dr. Coates’ address.
Dr. Coates’ interview prior to the conference with the radio station in Victoria is also available online here.
Thanks to everyone who participated in yesterday’s event! We couldn’t be happier with how the day unfolded and were really excited to hear lots of positive feedback, and the momentum this has created in the continued conversation of affirming, defending and strengthening in our various work, whether academic, practise or somewhere in between.
It was a great event, and we are very grateful to all the keynote speakers, panelists, facilitators, volunteers and participants in attendance for the first graduate student-led SFU Faculty of Health Sciences conference.
In the coming weeks, we will be uploading content including the keynote speaker presentations (audio recording with slides), slides from the presentations, and a post-conference evaluation. We’d love to hear from you about the highlights of your day – feel free to comment below or to email us at email@example.com.
Dear conference participants,
Thank you for your participation in this conference. Below is the key information you will need for Saturday March 12, 2011.
- The majority of the conference will take place on the main level of SFU’s Harbour Centre in the Fletcher Challenge Canada Theatre. Registration / sign-in will happen in front of this theatre.
- Conference registration / sign-in will start at 8:30AM. Opening conference remarks and introductions will begin at 9:15AM. The day’s agenda is posted on the conference website (see below).
- There will be two catered coffee breaks. Please bring a bagged lunch or money to purchase lunch. Lunch is scheduled from 12:15 – 1:30PM. A list of nearby restaurants is posted on the conference website.
- For environmental reasons, the conference planning committee will not provide print copies of the day’s agenda. Please print or bring supplies as needed.
- We encourage you to take public transit to SFU’s Habour Centre. If you are driving, there are a number of pay parking lots in close proximity.
- An optional post-conference social will take place at The Railway Club located at 579 Dunsmuir Street from 5:00PM onwards. This is an excellent networking opportunity. Full drink, appetizer and food menus are available.
- All keynote speakers, response panellists and breakout session facilitators are highlighted in the Speakers section of this website.
The conference registration deadline is Thursday March 10, 2011 at 11:59PM. Please encourage others to attend and register as soon as possible. Thank you.
We look forward to seeing you this Saturday, March 12, 2011!
Your Affirming Equity Conference Planning Committee
The conference is almost here! In just 11 days, we will be gathering to start a conversation about equity in health care financing and delivery in Canada and internationally. We encourage you to join us, our great keynote speakers and facilitators for what promises to be an important conversation.
Registration is filling up quickly and will close at 11:59pm on March 10, 2011. Don’t hesitate to ensure your participation by registering today!
We are pleased to announce our panel respondents and breakout session facilitators. Visit the Speakers page for all the details.